Monday, April 16, 2012

My beef with Adele.

This woman's voice is sent from the Heavens above. No joke. I know she's won a ton of awards. But I have a beef with Adele. 


All of her songs (her singles at least) make me so sad. I know that's how she got famous - writing beautiful songs about lost love. When I am driving in my car and one of her songs come on the radio, you better believe I sing along (especially after being sick when my voice still cracky/awesome/deep... umm hello. I sound just like her.)  There is so much emotion in her voice, and they really are beautiful songs. But that emotion in her voice then provokes emotions in me. I am a happily relationshipped woman. BF and I have been together going on 3 years. I'm sorry, but the last thing I want/need to be thinking about are the emotions that are associated with heart ache and that kind of pain. And that's when I change the radio station. 


And that's my beef with Adele. For now.


I did see this a couple days after I wrote this. I can't wait. 


Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment