Friday, June 1, 2012

Just Another Road Block

Yet another thing is holding me back from working on the pillow I started. 


I agreed to be a master-sewer for Sky.  Let me just say that the only real sewing experience I have is from when I took home-ec in 8th grade. And random tiny projects I've done here and there since. Lucky for me (huh-huh-huh) I am crafty.  


I agreed to completely re-do a leather shift boot he just bought for his truck. His shift knob doesn't conveniently just screw off the top, nope.  So the leather shift boot does not simply fit over the top. My genus younger brother said "too bad it doesn't have a zipper"... And so the idea was born.  Really anything would work to make the shift boot something that would conveniently just open and close around the shift stick. But a zipper makes sense.  I even promised an invisible, black zipper so his truck can continue lookin' sleek.  

And so, I have to undo the seem around the top, the seem around the bottom (which has elastic that Sky wants taken off), and the seem up one of the sides so I can install a zipper. 


So why did I get myself into this? Because I like to prove that I can do things.  I love being handy, and I love helping.  It is quite the undertaking because I do not want to have to buy a new one. I'll let you all know how this goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment